Help with Benefits/Money Advice

Many owners are entitled to benefit help from the Department of Works & Pensions (DWP) with payment of most of the common charges and insurance.
If you are on the following benefits you may qualify

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Pension Credit

If you think you might qualify, contact your local DWP office as soon as possible. You will need to provide them with proof of the charges so keep your invoices in a safe place. If you qualify for payment this will be added on to your weekly paid benefit and you will then be responsible for making payment to us.

Debt advice
If you cannot pay due to financial difficulties you may wish to discuss this matter, and any other financial matters with a Welfare Benefits Advisor or Debt Advisor. This service is free, independent and confidential and operates from the Associations offices on a Monday between 10am and 1pm.
An appointment can be made by calling the Clydebank Independent Resource Centre on 0141-951-4040.
You can also contact the following agencies for help and support –

Manage your owner account booklet

Money Advice Scotland (MAS) 0141-572-0237 Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) – 0800-138-1111 Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – 0845-4500-3511 National Debtline – 0808-808-4000                       

Logo of Police Scotland         Logo of West Dunbartonshire Council             Image result for homeswapper logo           Image result for scottish fire & rescue service logo

Copyright 2016 Knowes Housing Association